Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review: Identified Flying Objects by Robert Loftin


When I picked up this book I wasn't expecting to get a little history of Ufology. I suppose that I should have known that was what I was going to get considering that the book was published in '68. The author touches on sightings as way back as 1860. Actually the book was chock full of sitings and this was the only aspect of the book that made it a little difficult to read. The format Date, Area, Sighting was used in about 30 some pages toward the end of the book. However the sightings listed are perfect examples of further research topics and the reason I am interested in the first place, so I really cannot complain.

One of the biggest points that Loftin makes through out the book repeatedly is "Why would the Air Force spend almost $500,000 of taxpayers' money on this investigation if they knew there was no such thing as a flying saucer or UFO?"

Overall, Loftin provides a very medial view while discussing both sides, public and government sides of the UFO topic.

Loftin passed away a few after the book was published. I took the liberty of adding him and this book to goodreads.com username: highwaycatcherRelated articles

No comments:

Post a Comment